Oyster porridge with lotus seeds for babies
Ingredients for cooking lotus seed oyster porridge
- 50g milk oysters
- 20g lotus seeds
- 30g straw mushrooms
- 30g rice
- 10g cooking oil
- Seasoning: salt, sugar, fish sauce
How to cook lotus seed oyster porridge
Step 1: Preliminary processing
– First, wash the rice and put it in 2 cups of water. Lotus seeds removed lotus heart, split in half.
– Prepare oysters: Use a traditional scrub brush. Then, soak the oysters in clean water for about 2 hours to soften the outer layer of mud, making it easier to wash the oysters.
– After soaking, take the oysters out, continue to use a large brush to scrub from the stem of the oyster cap to the mouth of the oyster lid according to the curved lines on the shell to clean. Scrub and wash under running water to remove the outer layer of mud. This is also a popular way for households to buy oysters for processing.
Step 2: Now, you cook rice with lotus seeds into porridge.
Step 3: Remove the roots, soak in tapioca flour until white and delicious, diced, minced oysters.
Step 4: Take 10g of cooking oil, the head of scallions is fried and fragrant, add the oysters and stir-fry, then drop in the mushrooms.
Step 5: Finally, seasoning to taste, pour the stir-fry into the boiling porridge, cover for 8 minutes, then scoop out into a bowl for your baby to eat hot.
Oyster vegetable porridge for baby
- 200g plain rice
- 1 handful of glutinous rice
- 2 kg of milk oysters
- 5 dried onions
- Seasoning: salt, fish sauce, sugar, cooking oil
How to cook oyster and vegetable porridge
Step 1: First you prepare oysters: If your family has a microwave oven, you will prepare it this way.
– Scrub the oysters clean, put the oysters in the microwave and rotate for 2-3 minutes to let the oysters open their mouth.
– Insert the tip of the knife into the oyster’s mouth
– Tilt the knife gently to split the oyster shell
– Separate the oyster meat and oyster juice to use in cooking porridge
– Take 1 cup of clean water, wash the black part of the oyster
Step 2: Wash the rice, put the rice in the pot and fill with water to cover 3 times the rice. Then turn on the power to cook porridge. You leave the Cook mode until the water boils for about 10 minutes, then unplug the power, braise for 20 minutes, then turn on the Cook mode again to make the porridge completely. At this time, pour the oyster juice into the porridge, bring the porridge to a boil, and then season to taste.
Step 3: Dried onions are thinly sliced, then put in a pan with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, and fry until golden. Take out the fried onions to separate, leaving only a little in the pan to use to stir-fry the oysters until fragrant.
Step 4: Add oysters and sauté over high heat with a lot of oil. Next, add 1 tablespoon of fish sauce for the oysters to infuse, until the oysters are cooked, remove to a plate, set aside.
Step 5: When eating, you just need to scoop porridge into a cup, put oysters with oyster sauce on top, add chopped vegetables and fried onions, let your baby use it hot.
Oyster porridge with taro and areca for babies
– 200g of milk oysters
– 100g sweet potato squash
– 100g of areca taro
– Seasoning, pepper, onion, cilantro, cooking oil
How to cook taro oyster porridge
– Step 1: First, you wash the sweet potato squash, taro, peel and soak in water to prevent black, cut these 2 types of potatoes into small pomegranate seeds.
– Step 2: Wash 1 handful of rice, put it in the pot to cook porridge until the rice is soft. Then, my mother added a little salt, sweet potato squash, taro, cooked.
Step 3: Oysters are soaked in salt water diluted before. Then do the preliminary processing steps as above that CET has shared. Take the oysters out and put them in a basket to drain.
– Step 4: Put the pan on the stove, saute the onions, add the oysters and stir-fry, season with seasoning to taste.
– Step 5: Ladle porridge into a bowl for oysters and cilantro on top, mix well and feed to baby hot.
Oysters are a delicious and very nutritious seafood. Oysters provide a high content of zinc to help heal open wounds, contain omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamin E, protein, potassium, magnesium good for the heart, blood pressure, increase blood circulation… Especially Mothers can process oysters cooked with vegetables into delicious nutritious porridge for babies to eat.
Note when feeding children oysters
– Need to wear gloves when handling baby
Do not give your baby raw or undercooked oysters
– When steaming or boiling oysters, be sure to leave the shell open so that the oyster meat is cooked thoroughly
If your baby has a special medical condition, you should consult a doctor whether or not your baby should eat oysters.