In addition to being used to make delicious braised fish dishes that go very well with white rice, scads also bring a lot of health benefits to people such as: preventing heart disease, reducing the risk of diabetes, controlling blood levels. pressure, improve brain function… In this article, we will guide you to make fish stock with tomato, pineapple stock, and pepper stock which are the 3 most commonly encountered dishes.
You should note characteristics such as clear fish eyes, fresh gills, firm fish, not soft in the belly and dark green on the back to choose to buy fresh scads. This will help your finished dish not only rich in taste but also beautiful in appearance.
Braised scad with tomato
Ingredients for making braised scad with tomatoes
- Scad: 500 gr
- Ripe tomatoes: 500 gr
- Minced dried onion, ginger, green onion, chili, cilantro.
- Spices: sugar, fish sauce, salt, cooking oil, seasoning seeds
How to make tomato braised scad
– After buying, you wash, cut open the belly and remove the fish’s intestines. Use salt to rub the inside and outside to remove the fishy smell of the fish. After that, wash the fish again with clean water several times and then cut each fish into 2 or 3 pieces (depending on the size). Then, marinate the fish with a little minced onion, seasoning seeds, ground pepper and fish sauce for about 30 minutes.
– Tomato cut, wash, add areca.
– Green onions, cilantro, ginger, washed and chopped
– You put the pan on the stove with a little cooking oil, wait until the oil is hot, then put the fish in and fry it, both sides are golden, then take out the fish and drain the oil.
– Put the pot on the stove, add a little cooking oil, bring the oil to a boil, then add minced onion and fry until fragrant. Next, add the tomato part with 1 teaspoon of seasoning powder and sugar, stir-fry well.
– Then, in turn, add the crushed fish and chili ginger. Add enough water to cover the fish’s face. Wait for the fish pot to boil, then lower the heat to simmer, simmer until the fish is tender. At this point, you taste again so that the pot of fish is just eaten.
– When the fish is soft and the stock is still invasive, add green onions, cilantro and sprinkle a little ground pepper, stir gently and you can turn off the stove. That’s it, you’re done with tomato braised scad.
Braised scad (pineapple)
Ingredients of fragrant braised scad (pineapple)
- Scad: 500 gr
- Pineapple: 400 gr
- Fresh coconut water: 300 ml
- Dried onion, minced garlic: 50 gr
- Ginger, green onion, cilantro, fresh chili
- Spices needed: Seasoning seeds, fish sauce, salt, monosodium glutamate, cooking oil, pepper.
How to make fragrant braised scad (pineapple)
In addition to the above preliminary processing, you can use alcohol and ginger to rub the fish to remove the fishy smell. After cutting the fish into bite-sized pieces, marinate the fish with a little minced onion, fish sauce, seasoning seeds, monosodium glutamate and ground pepper for about 30 minutes.
– Pineapple: you peel, cut the eyes, wash and then cut into bite-sized pieces. With ginger, you peel, wash and then slice.
– Put the pot on the stove, add about 3 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of sugar, let it simmer and stir until the sugar dissolves.
– Put a layer of pineapple and sliced ginger on the bottom of the pot, next arrange the fish on top. Finally, you add 1 layer of fragrant on top.
– Pour fresh coconut water into the soup so that it just fills the fish, seasoning to taste.
– To simmer the fish stock until the fish is soft and the broth is comparable, turn off the heat and add green onions and small cilantro.
– Put the fish on a plate and sprinkle some ground pepper to complete the dish.
Braised scad with pepper
Raw materials of braised scad with pepper
- Scad: 500 gr
- Minced dried onion, green onion, cilantro, fresh chili
- Seasoning: pepper, sugar, seasoning, cooking oil, fish sauce
How to make braised scad fish
– You prepare the fish as one of the two methods above, then also cut the fish into chunks and marinate the fish with the same seasoning and time. Note: you remember to put pepper in marinade with fish from the beginning.
– You put the pot on and also add 2 tablespoons of sugar and 3 tablespoons of water and let it simmer on low heat to dissolve the sugar.
– When the sugar has just dissolved, put the fish in and stir well. Next, you add some cooking oil with spices (fish sauce, sugar, seasoning) and a little water to cover the fish’s face. While storing, you need to stir well so that the fish can absorb the spices evenly on both sides.
– When the fish is soft and the water is almost dry, add chopped scallions and cilantro, add pepper to the island a few times and then turn off the heat. So complete the dish.
With simple processing steps, this is a dish that you can prepare on busy days and still have a delicious and nutritious family meal.