Quinoa or quinoa is a cereal grain that is very high in protein, rich in minerals, calcium, iron, magnesium and fiber. This is a gluten-free nut and could be a “superfood” in the future. Quinoa porridge is not only full of nutrition, helps children enhance resistance, brain development but also stimulates baby’s taste and is easy to prepare. With a nutritional value that is far superior to ordinary porridge, the price of quina seeds is also quite high, currently on the market ranging from 450,000 VND to 500,000 VND.
Before cooking quinoa porridge, you need to soak and wash the quinoa thoroughly and then drain it like washing rice because quinoa seeds have a bitter saponin shell surrounding them, which reduces the flavor of the seeds. Thoroughly soaking and washing will help remove this crust and ensure the delicious taste of the porridge.
quinoa porridge …
How to cook nutritious pork quinoa porridge
Ingredients for making pork quinoa porridge
- Quinoa: 100g
- Lean pork: 250g
- Potatoes: 300g
- Onions: 5g
- Garlic: 5g
- Pork fat: 5g
- Coriander: 5g
- Fresh milk: 125ml
- Filtered water: 2l
- 1 pinch of salt
How to cook pork quinoa porridge
- Prepare the ingredients: minced onion, garlic. Wash coriander, finely chop. Potatoes peeled, washed, and diced.
- Bring the water to a boil, then add the quinoa seeds and continue to cook for about 30 minutes (no salt).
- Pork washed with dilute salt water, drained, then cut into thin pieces. Put the pan on the stove, bring the pork fat to a boil, then add the minced onion and garlic and fry until fragrant, add the pork and stir-fry, then season with a little salt.
- Pour pork into the pot of quinoa with potatoes, stir well and cook for another 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft, then add fresh milk and coriander to make them fragrant.
How to cook delicious chicken quinoa porridge
Ingredients for making chicken quinoa porridge
- Quinoa: 150g
- Clean and finely chopped chicken breast: 100g
- Minced garlic: 4 cloves
- Peeled ginger, smashed: 1 small branch
- Diced onion: halves
- Soft boiled chicken eggs: half an egg
- Olive oil or cooking oil: 1 tablespoon
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to cook chicken quinoa porridge
- Cook quinoa with water in a ratio of 1:1.5 for about 20 minutes.
- Put the pan on the stove, add half a tablespoon of cooking oil to the boil, then add the garlic and saute, then add ginger and onion and sauté until the onions turn golden.
- Continue to stir-fry the chicken breast until it is cooked, no longer pink, and then pour into the pot of quinoa with 2 cups of water. Stir well, then cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes. You can also add saffron if you have one.
- Serve in a bowl with half a boiled egg and enjoy
How to cook quinoa porridge for babies
Ingredients for cooking quinoa porridge oats
- Quinoa: 200g
- Oatmeal: 150g
- Water: 250ml
- Fresh milk: 250ml
- Sliced Apple: 1
- Chopped almonds: 100g
- Honey: 30ml
How to cook quinoa oat porridge
- Rinse the quinoa with cold water and then put it in the rice cooker with fresh milk and water. Cover the pot and cook like normal rice. When cooked, open the lid and stir well. If dry, you can add fresh milk.
- Next, scoop the quinoa into a bowl and add apples, almonds and honey, stir well for your baby to enjoy. You can also choose the milk of your choice and use bananas, mangoes or other berries in place of apples to suit your baby’s taste and preferences.
How to cook eel porridge with squash, quinoa and moringa powder
- Field eels: 2 small ones
- Quinoa: 50g
- Squash: 50g
- Moringa powder: 30g
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Plain rice: 30g
How to cook quinoa porridge with eel, squash and moringa powder
- Wash the rice and cook the porridge separately as usual.
- The quinoa seeds are soaked for about 2 hours, then take out, add new water and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Squash you steamed and then pureed depending on the baby’s ability to eat raw
- The field eel is cleaned, then steamed, and the meat is removed. Put the pan on the stove, add a little cooking oil to the boil, then add a little minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
- When the porridge is cooked, you add the quinoa seeds and eel meat to the island, and bring it to a boil, then add the squash. Cook for about 1 minute, then add the moringa powder, stir well and cook for another 2 minutes until cooked.
Above are 4 ways to cook quinoa porridge quite simple but with high nutritional value to help your baby eat delicious and develop well. Hopefully, it has helped you to have new delicious porridge dishes to add to your baby’s weaning menu. Hope you are succesful.