Sticky rice with peanuts (also known as sticky rice with peanuts) appears in most of the sticky rice shops every day of the day. Not only because they are easy to cook, easy to eat, and firm, but the taste is as great as the aroma of glutinous rice, the fleshy taste of peanuts and a little fat of coconut milk, creating the attractive appeal of the dish. this sticky rice. In addition, with the method of cooking with a rice cooker, you will no longer be confused if your home does not have a steamer.
How to cook peanut sticky rice with coconut milk in a rice cooker
Ingredients for cooking peanut sticky rice with coconut milk
- Sticky rice: 400 gr
- Fresh peanuts: 200 gr. Note: for delicious and beautiful sticky rice, you should choose peanuts that are round and bright with even skin.
- Dried coconut: 1 fruit or grated coconut
- Coconut milk: 1 box
- Sesame, sugar, salt, cooking oil
Steps to cook peanut sticky rice with coconut milk
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– Sticky rice: After picking up all the flat and damaged seeds, wash the rice, take it out and then soak it in water for about 6 hours.
– Peanuts: remove the flat seeds, the bean pods are still mixed, then wash thoroughly and then drain.
– When the sticky rice has bloomed, take it out and put it in the rice cooker, add the peanuts with a little salt, about 2-3 tablespoons of coconut milk and mix well.
Step 2: Cook peanut sticky rice
– Put in the pot with a large amount of water and then turn on the cooking mode. When the sticky rice dries out, then leave it in the heating mode for about 5 minutes, then use the chopsticks to stir it up and cover the lid to cook for another 20-30 minutes until the sticky rice is cooked evenly.
– You roast the sesame, let it cool in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and salt and mix well.
– Dry coconut you grate. If you are using pre-made coconut, you can skip this step.
After the sticky rice is cooked, open the lid for a few minutes to let the steam out.
– Scoop the sticky rice into a plate/cup and add sesame salt and grated coconut to complete the sticky rice dish.
Notes when cooking peanut sticky rice with coconut milk for delicious
– When you stir the sticky rice, be careful to be gentle to avoid the peanuts being crushed. When the sticky rice is cooked for the first time, you can add a little chicken fat to make it easier to stir up the sticky rice.
– Should choose delicious and new rice to have plasticity, aroma and should only buy rice in sufficient quantity.
– In addition, sesame, you can use roasted peanuts instead, but remember to pound before mixing or sticky rice used with fried eggs, shrimp paste is equally delicious.
– You can use fresh coconut water to cook sticky rice instead of normal water, so it will make the sticky rice more fragrant
– The best finished peanut sticky rice is to be evenly cooked, not dry, not pasty.