Goby fish is a specialty of the western provinces of the river such as Ca Mau, Bac Lieu, Soc Trang… From goby, we can process it into many attractive dishes, such as goby fish sauce hotpot, fish sauce. Grilled goby with salt and chili, dried goby and the most delicious must be braised goby.
However, in order to make delicious dishes that are difficult to come by, you must first understand how to prepare goby to clean the slime and remove the fishy smell of the fish. To make goby clean and no longer fishy, you need to clean and then use salt and vinegar to rub on the fish body and wash the fish many times with clean water. Or you can use hot water to pour over the fish and clean the fish and then rinse with clean water. Another folk trick you can apply is to use kitchen ash to rub on the body of the goby to clean fish slime.
Braised goby fish with laksa leaves
Raw materials of goby braised laksa leaves
– 500g goby fish
– 1 bunch of laksa leaves
– Garlic, green onion, chili
– Sugar, fish sauce, seasoning, salt, pepper, cooking oil
How to make braised goby with laksa leaves
– Step 1: Prepare the goby fish as instructed. Next, you marinate the goby with ½ part chopped laksa leaves, minced onion and garlic, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, ½ teaspoon seasoning, little salt and pepper. Then, mix well and marinate for about 30 minutes for the goby to absorb the spices.
– Step 2: Heat the clay pot, add cooking oil and sugar, until the sugar turns golden brown, add minced garlic and saute, then reduce the heat.
– Step 3: Then place each fish in the pot in turn, add some filtered water to just cover the fish and then braise the fish over low heat. After 20 minutes, you taste again to taste and then cut a few slices of chili on top. Store for another 10 minutes for the fish to be hunted again, the broth is thick, then turn off the stove. Put the remaining chopped laksa leaves and minced scallions on top and enjoy with hot rice.
Braised gourd fish
Raw materials of braised goby fish
– 200g goby fish
– Purple onion, green onion, chili, garlic
– Sugar, fish sauce, pepper, cooking oil
How to make braised goby fish
– Step 1: Preliminary processing of goby fish to clean the oil and remove the fishy smell of the fish and then drain it.
– Step 2: You prepare a medium pan, add oil and minced garlic and fry until fragrant. Next, you add 1 teaspoon of sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. At this time, you put the goby in and fry until the fish meat is hunted and the sugar water seeps into the fish, then turn off the stove.
Step 3: When frying is complete, put the fish in an earthen pot with 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of seasoning, minced garlic, sliced red onion and chili. Marinate for about 10 minutes, then you braise the fish on high heat. When the water boils, turn down the heat until the water thickens.
Note: During storage, you should turn the fish lightly so that the fish meat is not crushed, not delicious and not eye-catching.
Braised fish in a hot bowl directly with white rice is the best.
Braised goby fish with pepper
Raw materials of braised goby with pepper
– 300g goby fish
– 1 cup of coconut water
– Red onion, garlic, chili
– Sugar, fish sauce, salt, pepper
How to make braised goby fish with pepper
– Step 1: Buy goby fish, clean and then dry. Then marinate the fish with minced purple onion, crushed chili, 2 tablespoons sugar, a little salt, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, pepper. Next, mix well and marinate for about 30 minutes for the fish to infuse the spices.
Step 2: Put the cooking oil and sugar in the clay pot, when the sugar turns golden, add the garlic and red onion and fry until fragrant. Next, put the marinated goby fish in the stock pot with high heat.
– Step 3: Still keep the stove high for about 3 minutes for the fish to hunt, then you put coconut water in the pot, wait until the water boils, then turn down the heat, store until the fish is thick, then turn off the stove.
That’s how the delicious goby fish stock is completed, you can enjoy it with white rice, cucumber, boiled vegetables or sour soup. Good luck! You can check out other delicious dishes here .