How to grill chicken burgers
Grilled Chicken Burgers – healthy grilled chicken burgers with only a few simple ingredients!
One of my favorite foodie combos ever is cheddar, bacon, and ranch. I don’t care how it’s made or what it’s with but whenever I eat those three flavors with chicken it’s like a flavor explosion in my mouth. This grilled chicken burger is kind of like a twist on crack chicken. Crack chicken consists of these 3 flavor combos and I took ground chicken which is zero points and added a package of Ranch seasoning to it with some scallions, and shaped them into burgers. These grilled chicken burgers are going to be a staple this Summer along with some air fryer french fries. Heck, I should just order a huge container of Ranch Seasoning on Amazon.
I did not have any cheddar when I made these and used swiss cheese instead. Which still works.
How to make Grilled Chicken Burgers
- Combine Greek yogurt, Sriracha, and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Cook your bacon in the oven at 400 degrees on a foil lined baking sheet for 15 minutes. Or use my air fryer method for cooking bacon.
- Combine ranch seasoning packet, scallions, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Using damp hands, form burgers into 4 (3/4-inch thick) patties.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat. Spray each patty with cooking spray on each side. Cook the patties 4 minutes per each side or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into side of burgers registers 165 degrees.
- Prep all the rest of your ingredients while the burgers or cooking. Cook bacon in a skillet.
- Serve burgers with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon slices, and Swiss cheese. Or whatever your favorite burger toppings might be.
Tips for Grilled Chicken Burgers
My grill cooked these chicken burgers super fast. I came back and noticed that the temperature on the grill was at 700 degrees. It takes 2 minutes per side if the grill is set to high heat. Heck, even the bacon was already starting to crisp up that fast. Do not walk away from the grill at all when making these.
When the burgers are cooking on the grill make your fries. I always cook my frozen french fries at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. My favorites are the Fast Food fries from Ore Ida or their waffle fries.
The hamburger buns I like to use that are only 2 smart points are Village Hearth Light buns. You might have to look that up to see if they are available in your area.
Zero Point Toppings for Burgers
Order as much tomato, onion, pickle, and lettuce on your burger as you’d like All of these toppings are zero points!
Mustard is zero points but ketchup isn’t. Look for brands that say reduced sugar ketchup. Heinz reduced sugar ketchup is 1 tablespoon for zero.
A slice of Velveeta Cheese is going to be 1 smart point per slice. Sargento makes a line of 3 different types “thin” cheese slices: Provolone. Cheddar and Swiss are all 3 slices that range in points from 4 to 5.
“Fries or a salad?”
Like I said above, I LOVE to make frozen french fries in my air fryer.
Ore Ida Waffle Fries – 8 pieces for 5 smart points
Ore Ida Easy Fries Golden Crinkles Extra Crispy – 22 for 5 smart points
Corn on the cobb would be a great option to serve with this with some baked beans.