How to make salmon hotpot with sour bamboo shoots
Ingredients for cooking salmon hot pot
- 2 chicken skeletons
- 2 salmon heads
- 100g sour bamboo shoots
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 pineapple
- 20g fresh tamarind
- 100ml white wine
- 50g dill
- 1 bunch water spinach
- 500g okra
- 500g mint
- 20g coriander
- 200g tomatoes to eat hot pot
- Spices: Green onion, red onion, lemongrass, dangerous chili, fish sauce, monosodium glutamate, cooking oil, turmeric
How to cook salmon hot pot without fishy
Step 1: Prepare chicken bones and salmon heads
– Wash chicken bones, cut into bite-sized pieces. Blanch chicken bones with boiling water to remove impurities. Pour water, remove chicken bones, drain.
Wash the salmon head, leave it whole or cut it into small pieces. Soak salmon heads in white wine for about 10 minutes to remove odors.
– Remove salmon head, drain. Marinate the salmon head in a bowl with a mixture of spices including fish sauce, monosodium glutamate (MSG), turmeric powder, little pepper, red onion and mix well, place the marinated fish head in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to let the flavors in even.
Step 2: Stew hot pot broth with chicken bones
– Pour chicken bones into the pot, add 2 liters of water, turn on the stove to stew the bones with high heat. After the water boils, reduce the heat and simmer on the stove. Note, the soup is skimming while stewing so that the bone broth is clear. After about 30 minutes, turn off the stove. Take a paper towel to line the rail, pour the broth through the filter to make broth.
– The chicken bones you keep to eat with the hot pot.
Step 3: Prepare other ingredients
– Tomatoes washed, add areca zone. Pineapple washed, thinly sliced.
– Soak tamarind with warm water to get tamarind juice.
– Green onions, dill remove all the old, shriveled leaves, wash and cut into 4 cm long pieces.
– Water spinach soaked in salt, washed and dried.
– Cut okra stalks, wash, cut diagonally about 2 cm.
– Coriander leaves pick up the old leaves, wash and chop.
– Red onion peeled and minced.
Step 4: Cook salmon hot pot
– Heat a pan on the stove with a little oil. Add the purple onion to the pan. When the onion starts to smell, you put the fish head in and fry it slightly until golden brown, then remove to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb oil.
– Take another pot on the stove, heat with a little oil or fat, when the oil is old, add sour bamboo shoots, pineapple, tomatoes, and sour tamarind juice to stir fry together, then pour in the chicken broth to boil. Cook until boiling, then add crushed lemongrass, season to taste and then turn off the heat.
Step 5: Enjoy salmon hotpot
– Put the hot pot on the mini gas or electric stove and turn on the stove so that the hot pot is heated continuously, put the salmon head, vermicelli and vegetables on the side to enjoy.
– Salmon hot pot is more delicious when used hot, especially suitable for weekend nights or cold rainy days.
What’s delicious with salmon hotpot?
Because the salmon hotpot has the sour taste of bamboo shoots, the spicy taste of chili and the greasy taste of the salmon head, it is suitable to eat with sweet and sour vegetables to neutralize the taste: water spinach, cabbage, okra , mint (along the mosquito net), plantain flowers, mushrooms…
The secret to cooking delicious salmon head hot pot, not fishy
If you don’t like the head of the fish, you can use the body of the fish, this part will bring a more fatty flavor to the hot pot.
– Frying fish lightly before cooking hot pot helps fish meat to become firmer, sweeter and has a beautiful golden color.
– Depending on your taste, adjust the spiciness to the right degree.