Red tilapia meat usually has a good toughness and especially this fish has quite a few bones, so it is often cooked by women for family meals. In particular, this is a soup that you can use even on cold days or even hot noons, the sour taste of tamarind and pineapple (pineapple) stimulates the taste buds of the eater. However, for inexperienced cooks, it will be easy to make the soup still has a fishy smell. Therefore, today’s article will teach you how to cook as well as tips to create the correct flavor for this soup.
How to cook red tilapia sour soup with Southern standard
- Red tilapia : 1 fish (about 500-800g)
- Tomatoes: 2
- Pineapple: fruit
- Mint: 1 plant
- Okra: 5 pieces
- Price: 100gr
- Tamarind (ready-made): 100gr
- Various herbs, salt, seasoning powder, fish sauce, chili, onion and garlic.
Steps to cook red tilapia sour soup:
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
- Red tilapia: If you don’t have time, you can ask the seller to prepare the fish. After buying, you just need to wash it thoroughly, cut into 2 parts head and tail. Then, marinate the fish with salt and pepper for 20 minutes to allow the fish to absorb evenly.
- Tomatoes: washed, cut into wedges. Peel the onion and chop finely. Cut the chili lengthwise, remove the seeds.
- Mint: washed, scraped off the outer shell, cut diagonally into small pieces, lightly squeezed with table salt. Okra: washed, cut diagonally.
- Price: wash, remove the deep fibers. Pineapple: peel, remove the fragrant eyes, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Herbs, scallions and dill: remove damaged parts, wash and then cut into chunks.
Step 2: Processing
- Put the pot on the stove and add a little cooking oil, add chopped onion and garlic and fry until fragrant, add the tomatoes and stir fry. When the tomatoes are soft, add enough water to the pot.
- Turn on medium heat to boil, when the water in the pot boils, add the sour tamarind, continue to boil for 2-3 minutes. Then, take the tamarind out of the bowl and squeeze the tamarind juice. Put a little broth in the tamarind cup, grind it well and then put it in the pot to cook again.
- Put the sliced pineapple into the pot. When the water boils, it’s time to add the fish.
- Season the soup powder, a tablespoon of fish sauce and add fresh chili to create a mild spicy taste for the soup.
- Close the lid, continue to cook for 3-5 minutes until the fish is fully cooked. Then, lower the heat (or turn it off completely) to re-season the spices, add all the prepared vegetables. Bring to a boil again over medium heat.
Step 3: Presentation
- Ladle the soup into a bowl, sprinkle a little black pepper on top and garnish with onions and cilantro.
- Serve with 1 cup of fish sauce with a few slices of fresh chili.
- Red tilapia should choose fresh fish alive and then ask the seller to make meat.
- If you want to keep the toughness of red tilapia meat, after the fish is fully cooked, you can take the fish out and then add the vegetables and cook again.
Red tilapia sour soup is very easy to make, isn’t it? This is an easy to eat and nutritious soup for many different subjects. Hopefully, with the Southern style red tilapia sour soup that Cet.edu.vn instructs, you can make this soup yourself successfully for your family’s meal.