Ingredients to make Korean noodle soup with clam for 2 people:
Materials to making noodle:
– 4 cups of Taky multi-purpose wheat flour
– 1 cup of water
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– ½ teaspoon of vegetable oil
Materials to making soup:
– 8 cups of water
– 20 dried anchovies
– 1 medium sized white onion
– 1 potato
– 1 scallion
– 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– ¼ teaspoon of pepper
– 300g clams
Materials for decoration:
– 2 eggs
– ½ sheet of seaweed
How to cook Korean noodle with clam soup:
Step 1: Kneading wheat flour:
Mix 4 cups of wheat flour with 1 cup of water, 1/2 teasppon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Knead until the flour becomes soft, smooth and elastic (knead for 10-15 minutes).
Put the flour in a sealed plastic container and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Step 2: preparing clam:
– If you are using raw clams, put them in cold salt water (1 tablespoon of salt with 4 cups of water) to allow a few hours for the clams to release sand.
– Then clean the clams with cold water 2 times and drain.
If you are using frozen clams, just rinse them and add to the water when cooking.
– Boil 8 cups of water in a pot and add 20 dried anchovies, 2 pieces of kelp. When the water begins to boil, cover and simmer about 15 minutes with high heat.
– Remove any air bubbles that rise on the boil.
– Onion: peeled and sliced.
– Potato: peeled and cleaned then cut into sliced about 1.5cm thick.
– Scallion: rinse and cut diagonally.
– Separate the egg yolks into a bowl and whisk with a little salt.
– Heat a pan with oil over high heat and pour egg yolks into a thin set. When eggs are cooked, take out to cool down.
– Do the same with egg white.
– Let the eggs cool completely and cut into thin strips.
– Seaweed: cut into thin strips.
– Remove the flour, prepare a clean and dry surface. Roll the flour very thin about 2 mm or thinner.
– Fold the flour into 3 layers and cut into 3mm wide strips.
– Remove the anchovies and seaweed, put the potatoes in the broth for about 3 minutes.
– Then add the onions for about 2 minutes.
– Bring the water to a boil and drop the noodles for about 1 minute over high heat.
– Then remove the noodles and wash with cold water and drain. If you do not boil the noodles first, the broth will contain more starch.
– Add clams to broth and boil for 3 minutes.
– Add cooked noodles to the broth and then add 1 tbsp of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of pepper and scallions. Cook until the noodles are fully cooked and the clams open. Add salt if needed.
– Finally, put the noodles and water into the bowl. Add strips of egg and seaweed on top.
The note when cooking Korean noodle with clam soup:
– If you do not have time, you can buy noodles from the store.
– You can also make noodle soup without clams, anchovies and seaweed soup also gave the broth a great taste.
Good luck and enjoy Korean noodle with clam soup!