What are oats and the nutritional value of oats?
What is Oatmeal?
Oat is a cereal that is grown a lot in temperate climates such as the US, Poland, Canada, Germany, Russia, Australia… Because it is a cereal with high nutritional value, it is good for human health. Oatmeal is more and more popular and popular all over the world.
Nutritional value of oats
Oats contain 66% carbohydrates; 9.2 % fat; 11.2% protein; 7.1% fiber and other ingredients such as trace mineral elements calcium, sodium, potassium, iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, phosphorus, chromium, manganese, selenium (1 type of antioxidant)… The vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, E… accounted for 4.5%.
Science has proven, with a high nutrient content, oats are suitable for use to supplement essential nutrients for the body. Especially, for children, oats are considered as a food to help them develop comprehensively.
Accordingly, oats contain a lot of energy, are easy to digest, help improve the immune system, provide a good source of energy for children, provide vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. In addition, oats are less likely to cause allergic reactions in children compared to other grains and foods.
Currently, strong oats are sold in powder and whole grain form. In particular, for the perfect way to cook oatmeal for babies , mothers should choose whole grains to cook. So how to cook whole grain oatmeal porridge is difficult? The answer will be available in the next part of this article, please continue to follow.
How to choose to buy oats
For a delicious porridge, choosing oats is the first factor. You should choose products of clear origin, thin flat oats, whole grains that are not broken.
How to cook whole grain oat porridge for babies to eat quickly
- Whole grain oats: 150g
- Beef: 50g
- Carrot: of
- Coriander: 2 branches
- Seasoning: salt, baby fish oil
How to cook
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
- The beef you choose to buy has a bright red color, when pressing your hand into the meat has elasticity. After that, you bring the meat to clean and then grind it in a blender.
- Carrots choose small tubers, peel, wash, cut into pieces.
- Coriander you pick up, soak in salt water for about 30 minutes, take out to drain, then proceed to chop and put in a separate bowl.
Step 2: Steam the carrots
Carrots, after preliminary processing, are steamed or boiled until soft and then pureed for your baby to eat.
Step 3: Cook whole grain oat porridge
- Put the pot on the stove, add a sufficient amount of water and bring to a boil. When the water has boiled, slowly add the prepared oats. Note that you pour in the oats slowly, and also stir well with your hands so that the seeds are cooked evenly.
- Wait for the pot of oats to boil again, then reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 7 to 10 minutes to cook the oats thoroughly. At this point, you are still cooking while stirring with your hands. This is an important step in how to cook whole grain oat porridge to ensure the porridge is soft and smooth for your baby to eat!
- After the oats are cooked, add the minced beef and pureed carrots, stir until the meat and porridge blend together. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, then you start to add a little salt to the porridge, then add chopped coriander.
Step 4: Finish and feed your baby whole grain oat porridge
When the porridge is cooked, scoop it out into a bowl, add a little baby fish oil or olive oil to increase the nutrition of the dish. Wait for it to cool, then let your baby enjoy it!
How to cook oatmeal porridge is not difficult. With just a few simple steps, you have finished preparing a nutritious porridge to help your baby develop comprehensively.
Oats are not only good for children but also a food suitable for all ages. If you want to learn more about!