The standard Western braised fish sauce must be stocked with a type of fish paste or a fish choke, made for a few months with a slightly salty and sour taste. When cooking, must have bacon and fish, be it perch, goby, basa, snakehead fish or with more earthy shrimp, the better. When finished, fish sauce is usually eaten with cooled white rice. Just mentioning that, but the stomach “calls” right, let’s start doing it right away!
- 300g of fish paste or choke fish
- 200g pork belly
- 1 snakehead fish about 700g (or basa, goby depending on preference)
- 1 eggplant
- 200g okra
- Lemongrass, garlic, chili
- Vegetables served
How to cook
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– Snakehead fish you should choose copper snakehead fish will be more delicious. When buying, you clean the scales, cut open the fish’s belly, you can keep the fish’s organs if you like. Then, wash the fish with water and cut it into pieces.
– Bacon is only washed with water and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
– Eggplant you cut the stem, wash, cut into quarters and cut into quarters.
– Cut okra stalks, wash and cut into bite-sized pieces.
– Raw vegetables of all kinds you bring to soak with salt water, then wash, drain.
Step 2: Cook fish sauce
This is a stage that requires meticulousness because it is quite elaborate and affects the quality of the dish. You put the fish sauce into the pot with enough water to cover the fish. Then put it on the stove to boil, until the fish sauce is cooked, turn off the stove. Then, you use a comb to remove the fish bone and get the water. You can cook 2-3 times to get fish sauce.
Step 3: Fry the meat and fry the fish
– You put cooking oil in the pan, when the oil is hot, put the snakehead fish in and fry it until golden on both sides and then take it out on a plate.
– You put the cooking oil in the stock pot, when the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and fry until golden, then take the garlic out and set it aside. Next, you add minced lemongrass and pork belly and stir-fry to hunt again.
Step 4: Store fish sauce
When the bacon is only hunted, you add fish sauce. Turn up the heat to high, until the fish sauce boils, skim off the foam, reduce the heat to low. Next, season with ½ teaspoon of MSG, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and a little salt to taste. Then, you put fried snakehead fish, eggplant in the same stock.
Step 5: Done
About 5 minutes later, you add fried okra and garlic. If it’s spicy, you can add sliced chili. Cook for about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat. That’s the completion of the braised fish sauce dish in the Southwest region!
Now, you just need to move out, eat with steamed rice and raw vegetables.
What vegetables do you eat with braised fish sauce?
True to the Western standard, braised fish sauce must be served with water lily. When buying water lily, you peel the outside, wash it and put it on a plate. When eating, use your hands to fold them into pieces and then dip them in braised fish sauce. The crisp and cool crispiness of water lily, the aroma of fish sauce, the sweetness of fish, the fatty pangasius of pork belly and the spicy taste of lemongrass and chili make for an interesting and mouth-watering dish. In addition, it is served with cold rice, ensuring that the rice cooker will be blown away in an instant.
In addition, you can eat braised fish sauce with vegetables such as: Bitter vegetables, morning glory, shallots, shallots, centella asiatica, cucumber… Depending on your preferences, you can choose the right type of vegetable.
So the way to cook braised fish sauce is complete! The dish is rich and unique in taste, but has a simple way of making it, anyone can cook it. Hopefully, you will show off your talent to bring delicious meals to your family! Good luck.
Leave a Reply