On chilly days or cool evenings, this chicken dish is extremely suitable for you to enjoy with friends or loved ones. As long as you separate the layer of sticky rice to reveal the golden layer of chicken, enjoying the hot and delicious chicken served with crispy pieces of sticky rice will be very interesting for anyone who has the opportunity to try this dish. .
What is a chicken without a way out?
Chicken without a way out, also known as sticky rice chicken (originally called Kim Ke An Ngoc), is one of the traditional Vietnamese dishes combining chicken and sticky rice. The chicken, after being preliminarily processed and cooked, will be covered with a layer of sticky rice that is just right (neither too thick nor too thin). After that, the chicken wrapped with sticky rice will be dropped into a frying pan of oil until golden brown.
Many people mistakenly think that the chicken of no way out and the Chinese beggar’s chicken are the same, but they still have a difference when our chicken is wrapped in sticky rice and the beggar’s chicken is wrapped in mud. soil.
- 1 chicken we cleaned (about 1kg)
- 1 kg of upland sticky rice
- 1 bunch of green onions, 4 purple onions, 1 ginger
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Salt, pepper, sugar and chicken seasoning
Raw materials processing
– Sticky rice soaked in clean, drained, mixed with a little salt and coconut milk.
– Ginger and shallots are smashed, chopped and then marinated in the chicken belly with spices.
Steps to take
– Put the water in the steamer, put the glutinous rice on the rack, put the chicken on the steamer until the chicken is cooked (about 15 minutes). Put the chicken on a plate, the sticky rice is still steamed until cooked into sticky rice.
– While waiting for the sticky rice to cook, we add the purple onion and finely chopped scallions, then turn off the heat.
– Spread food wrap or foil on the table, put sticky rice on and spread it around (thickness about 1-1.5cm is okay). Brush the scallions that have been previously fried evenly on top of the sticky rice.
– Place the steamed chicken in the center of the sticky rice, cover the chicken with sticky rice.
– Remove the cling film or foil. Wait for the rice to cool. During that time, you prepare the oven. Bake the chicken at 4000 degrees F for about 10 minutes, then remove.
– Put the oil in the pan, wait for the oil to boil, then wrap the spinach chickenBaked, fried, stir until the sticky rice is golden brown, then take it out.
– Take out the chicken and place it on absorbent paper to drain the oil and present. You have finished the chicken without a way out.
In addition to steaming, you can fry chicken in oil until golden brown.
– The most suitable type of chicken to make spinach chicken is our chicken, the weight is from 1.2 to 1.8 kg but 1.4 kg is the most suitable.
– Usually some recipes will advise you to just choose sticky, fragrant, but the best sticky rice is still upland sticky rice.
– When preliminarily processing, you should not cut open the brake, but dissect the chicken. If you want the chicken to be more fragrant, when steaming, add some vegetables or mushrooms to accompany the dish and make the chicken more delicious.
– Note that when steaming, only steam the chicken until it is cooked, not overcooked, it will make the chicken crushed.
Wrap the sticky rice around the chicken not too thickly, but still make sure the chicken is wrapped tightly so that the oil doesn’t get inside.
Hopefully, with the Hanoi-standard way of making chicken , which is guided by FOODVN, you can go into the kitchen to make delicious and super attractive sticky rice dishes for the whole family on weekends or holidays. Please!