Tortillas Making materials for 4-6 people:
-280g Corn starch Taky
– 2 tablespoons white sugar
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1 large egg
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 1.5 cups milk
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 tbsp of soft butter, set at room temperature
Steps to make Tortillas:
– In a large bowl, mix cornstarch, sugar, salt, eggs, vegetable oil together. Let this mixture rest for about 20 minutes.
– Set the oven temperature at 200 degrees C.
– Add baking powder to the flour mixture and mix well.
– Spread the butter evenly on the bottom and sides of the baking tray (square size about 16 × 16 (cm)).
– Transfer the dough to the baking tray and spread evenly.
– Bake for about 30 minutes.
– You will check the ripeness of the cake using a toothpick and skewer through the body of the cake. If the toothpick comes out and does not stick to the dough, it is already cooked. At that time, you should still bake for a while longer to layer the cake on the surface is beautiful golden brown.
– Get the cake out of the oven. Pour backwards so the crumbs fall into your tray. The cake is allowed to cool for a few minutes to enjoy. You should cut the cake into small pieces that will be easier to eat. The cake can be preserved by storing it in the fridge and bringing it to the microwave to get it as delicious as the original.
The soft, golden tortillas we just finished look so appealing, aren’t they?
I wish you success with this way of making tortillas!
Leave a Reply