Sticky rice and chicken are two common dishes that often appear in Vietnamese dishes. They often appear on the menu of parties, when making offerings to ancestors or even in our daily family meals. One of the ways to combine these two options together to create a delicious dish that is irresistible and loved by many diners is the recipe for fried whole spinach chicken .
Ingredients for making crispy, crispy fried whole fried chicken
- Whole chicken about 1 – 1.5kg
- 1kg of glutinous rice
- 500g fresh lotus seeds
- 500g black fungus
- 50g shiitake mushrooms
- Salt, cooking oil, pepper…
- Turmeric powder, ginger, red onion, lemon, lime leaves, little coconut milk, chili
How to make crispy, crispy fried whole fried chicken
Spinach chicken is also known as “chicken with no way out”. Hardly anyone can resist the attraction of the outer layer of sticky rice that is both crispy and fragrant, while the inside of the chicken is golden and rich in spices. Normally, we often go to restaurants to enjoy this dish because we think the processing is quite complicated. The detailed instructions below will help you make simple spinach chicken at home. Just need to pay attention to a few details to make the finished product taste good and fragrant.
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– After buying a whole chicken, you pull out the bone inside, rub the chicken skin with salt to remove the fishy smell and make the skin cleaner. Then, wash the chicken with water and put the chicken in a bowl. Next, you marinate the meat with a little salt, pepper, and cooking oil, then rub it all over the chicken body, let it sit for about 30-45 minutes, letting the seasoning permeate into the chicken.
– Ginger you bring to scrape the outer skin, wash with water and cut into strands. Onions are peeled, washed and sliced thinly. Similarly, you clean and thinly slice the black fungus and shiitake. With lotus seeds, if you buy fresh, just wash and dry, if you buy dried lotus seeds, you have to soak them in warm water for about 20 minutes to soften and expand. Lemon leaves you take away the hard veins, the rest of the leaves you cut into small fibers.
Step 2: How to cook sticky rice with chicken
– Sticky rice and plain rice, wash thoroughly and then soak the rice with water mixed with coconut milk and a little salt for about 3 hours to absorb enough water (you can also soak it with pandan leaf juice to make the sticky rice colorful). green is more eye-catching). After soaking, take out the rice to drain. Then, you mix in rice with a little turmeric powder so that the sticky rice has a beautiful aroma, taste and color when fried.
– Glutinous rice chooses large and small grains, it is not important, it is important to choose the seeds that are even, stretchy, the rice is not broken, there are not many yellow grains and especially not black and deep.
Step 3: How to cook ingredients to put in chicken belly
– You put the pot on the stove and add cooking oil, wait when the oil is hot, add the red onion and ginger and saute. Then, stir-fry the lotus seeds, cat mushrooms, and shiitake mushrooms together. Season with spices to taste and stir-fry until all ingredients are cooked. Next, you put all the stir-fry ingredients into the chicken belly.
Step 4: How to make spinach chicken
– You put the rice in the steamer basket and then put the chicken on top and steam for about 60 minutes so that both the chicken and sticky rice are cooked evenly. During the steaming process, sometimes you should open the lid to mix the rice and let the steam not flow in, making the sticky rice dish not delicious.
– You prepare a tray and spread the paper on top to facilitate the binding. When the sticky rice is cooked, take it out and put it on the tray. Use a spoon to spread the sticky rice and start the process of wrapping the chicken.
– You put the chicken near the outer edge of the sticky rice, then slowly roll the sticky rice into the chicken, roll until the sticky rice has covered the chicken.
– You put the pan on the stove, put the oil in and wait until the oil is really hot. Then, you drop the whole spinach chicken into the frying pan, paying attention to medium heat so that the sticky rice is deep-fried. Fry until the sticky rice turns dark yellow and crispy. Next, you take out the spinach chicken to cool and drain the oil.
Step 5: How to make the sauce served with fried spinach chicken
To make the spinach chicken dish more attractive, you should prepare an extra cup of rich sauce to serve. Put oil in a pan on the stove, saute purple onion and ginger, then add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of chili sauce, and mix well. When the mixture is mixed, pour in about 3 tablespoons of coconut water, stir well, cook for another 5 minutes, then turn off the heat.
That’s it, you have finished the crispy golden fried spinach chicken, delicious. To enjoy the dish properly, cut the spinach chicken into four parts, serve with sauce and crispy fried onions.
So the fried spinach chicken dish is complete, now you just need to bring it out and invite the whole family to enjoy.
Video on how to make delicious crispy fried spinach chicken