Kimbap, also known as seaweed rice rolls, is one of the famous dishes of Korean cuisine. Currently, kimbap has become a familiar dish in many countries and has been modified with many different styles. In particular, fried kimbap is a novel variation of this dish.
With the crispy taste of the fried dough coating on the outside combined with the inherently typical kimbap ingredients, it gives people a unique and strange taste of the dish. Deep-fried kimbap seems to be sophisticated, but in fact, the way to make it is extremely simple, just with the instructions on how to make fried kimbap below, you have successfully made this dish. Come on, let’s go to the kitchen to do it!
Ingredients for fried kimbap
- 1 pack of seaweed leaves (you can buy them at supermarkets or dry goods stores in the market)
- Rice is cooked with sticky rice
- Lean meat or sausage
- Carrots, cucumbers
- 4 eggs (2 for thin coating, 2 for breading)
- Deep fried dough
- Chili sauce
Instructions for making delicious fried kimbap
Step 1: Mix rice
– After the rice is cooked, use chopsticks to stir the rice grains. Then, mix the mixture of vinegar, sugar, salt and sesame oil and then pour it over the rice, stir well to absorb and put the rice on a tray to let the rice cool down quickly.
– Remember to use a damp paper towel to cover the rice so that the rice stays cool without drying out!
Step 2: Omelette
– Dried onions, peeled, washed and sliced thinly. Crack 2 eggs into a bowl, sprinkle with a little salt, monosodium glutamate and a spoonful of fish sauce, use a ray or chopsticks to beat the eggs until evenly dissolved.
– Put the frying pan on the stove, wait until the pan is hot, then add the cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add the dried onions and sauté until fragrant. You wait until the onions are golden and fragrant, then pour in the egg bowl, shake the pan gently and evenly so that the omelette is thin.
– At this time, adjust the heat to low and cover the pot until the eggs are cooked, then turn off the heat and put on a plate, let cool.
Step 3: Cut the yarn of the ingredients
– Cucumbers, carrots, after being washed and drained, cut them long.
– Long cut sausage.
– Once the omelette has cooled, you can also cut it into long strips.
Step 4: Roll the kimbap
– Spread bamboo blinds on a clean cutting board. If you don’t have bamboo blinds, you can use a layer of food wrap.
Place the smooth side of the seaweed leaf down, the rough side up. After that, you spread a thin layer of rice over 2/3 of the leaves, remember to spread evenly and thinly to roll the rice beautifully. Then, arrange cucumbers, sausages, and fried eggs on top.
– Next, you hold the piece of bamboo and roll it up slowly so that the ingredients do not deviate, roll tightly to fit your hand to roll the rice firmly.
– After rolling, you open the bamboo piece and you have a beautiful rice roll. Keep rolling in the same way until you run out of ingredients.
Step 5: Spread breadcrumbs for kimbap
– Crack the remaining 2 eggs into a bowl and beat well. Dip each roll of kimbap into the dip so that the egg completely covers the rice roll.
– Then you continue to roll each rice roll through a layer of breadcrumbs.
Step 6: Fry the kimbap
– When you have finished breading the breadcrumbs, start frying the kimbap.
– Put the pan on the stove, fill it with oil and turn on high heat, wait for the oil to boil, then fry each roll of rice until golden brown, then take it out and put it on a plate lined with absorbent paper.
When the kimbap cools down, cut it into bite-sized pieces, enjoy with chili sauce and mayonnaise.
With the instructions on how to make fried kimbap and the ingredients you need to know above