Banana is an ingredient that we Vietnamese use a lot in recipes for rustic cakes and desserts. This is a fruit that brings a lot of vitamin C as well as the benefits of beautifying the skin, improving vision, losing weight… Banana grilled with coconut milk when you eat it, you will feel the gentle sweetness of the banana hidden deep inside the fatty pana flavor. of coconut milk, the smell of fragrant grilled bananas is mixed with the sweet smell of coconut milk. In addition, the grilled banana dish is also covered with sticky rice outside, so when baked and enjoyed, it is even more delicious.
How to make grilled banana with coconut milk super attractive
Ingredients for making grilled banana with coconut milk
– Sticky rice: 400 – 500 gr
– Porcelain banana: 1 branch (about 10 fruits)
– Grated coconut: 1 kg (or you can replace it with 400 ml of coconut milk and 250 ml of fresh coconut water)
– Roasted peanuts: 100 gr
– Roasted sesame: 30 gr
– Tapioca flour, tapioca flour: about 1 small spoon each
– Banana leaves: about 5 leaves
– Pandan leaves: about 10 leaves
– Salt, sugar
Tools: clean plastic bags about 10 gr
Steps to make grilled banana with coconut milk
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– You wash the glutinous rice to remove all dirt and then soak it in new water for at least 4 hours for the rice to soften.
While waiting for the glutinous rice to soften, take the grated coconut and puree it (you can add a little bit of cooked water to make it easier to grind) and then filter out about 400 ml of juice and 250 ml of water.
– After buying bananas, peel them. If you want a rich sweet banana flavor, you can add a little salt and stir well.
Step 2: Make grilled bananas
– After the glutinous rice is soft, drain the water and add about 15 grams of sugar, 3 grams of salt and 300 ml of coconut milk, stir well to absorb the ingredients evenly. Then steam it with washed pandan leaves for about 20 minutes. When the rice is cooked, you stir it up on the stove, take the pandan leaves separately, let the cooked rice cool down.
– You divide the sticky rice into equal parts equal to the number of bananas. You spread the plastic sheet on the table, put the folds in the middle, then fold the two sides and press down firmly with your palms to flatten the folds. Note: you align so that the width of the sticky rice when flattened is equal to the length of the banana. Then open the bag, put the banana in and roll it, tight so that the sticky layer covers the banana. A trick for you at this step is to twist the 2 ends of the plastic bag to make the banana fold inside tighter.
– You remove the plastic wrap and cut the banana leaf just enough to wrap around the sticky banana part. You use the pandan leaf just now or the banana leaf to tie it lightly to fix the wrapper.
– Then arrange the sticky bananas on the charcoal grill until the banana leaves are golden, then take them down, discard the banana leaves. Note: only bake bananas on medium heat, while baking, stir constantly.
Step 3: Make coconut milk
– You wash the starch, soak it until it blooms, then put it in a pot of boiling water until it is cooked, then take it out and let it dry.
– You add 250 ml of water with 60 grams of sugar, 3 grams of salt. 5 pandan leaves and the coconut milk you left earlier in the pot, stir well, cook on medium heat, then add the drained Bang powder.
– You stir about 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour with 3 tablespoons of water to dissolve, then pour slowly into the pot of cooking coconut milk. Note: just pour and stir until the tapioca powder is evenly dissolved. You continue to stir until this coconut milk thickens.
Step 4: Present and complete the dish
– Arrange the bananas on a plate and add coconut milk, sprinkle with roasted peanuts (can be crushed depending on your preference) and a little sesame to complete the dish.
The way to make grilled banana with coconut milk is a bit time consuming, but the attractiveness of this dish is well worth your effort, isn’t it?
Leave a Reply