Pigeons not only have high nutritional value but are also processed into many delicious dishes such as roasted pigeons, pigeon porridge, stewed pigeons with cordyceps… And especially, the sticky rice dish cannot be ignored. strange, unique sentences. Although the way to make pigeon sticky rice is quite time-consuming and a bit complicated, in return you will get a delicious sticky rice dish for the family’s breakfast.
Ingredients to prepare to cook pigeon sticky rice
– 1kg of glutinous rice
– 3 pigeons
– 200g fresh lotus seeds
– Dry onion
– Cooking oil, seasoning, sugar, chicken fat, fish sauce, salt
How to cook pigeon sticky rice
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– When you buy glutinous rice, you wash it by gently rubbing it, then take the rice out of the bowl, soak it in water for about 3-4 hours or you can soak it overnight to make the rice soft. Next, you take the rice out of the basket, drain the water, add 2 teaspoons of salt, then shake the rice to let the salt soak into the rice.
– Lotus seeds you choose fresh, after buying, you peel off the outer silk membrane of the lotus seeds and then use a toothpick to poke the lotus center. After that, you wash the lotus seeds and dry them.
– Dried onions, peeled, sliced and put in a pan of non-aromatic oil, then picked up the fried onions and drained the oil.
Step 2: Cook sticky rice
– You put the glutinous rice in the steamer and gently spread the rice, then put the lotus seed layer on top. Next, use chopsticks to poke many holes in the rice so that the steam can easily rise up so that the sticky rice is cooked evenly. After that, you cook until the sticky rice is cooked, then add chicken fat and then use chopsticks to stir the sticky rice to make the sticky rice more greasy and fragrant. Next, cook the sticky rice for another 20 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the sticky rice cool down.
Step 3: How to choose delicious pigeons and prepare pigeons
– To make pigeon sticky rice more attractive, you should choose fresh pigeons, pink skin that is not pale. When buying, you lift up the bird’s wings, use your hands to press it if the thick meat is fresh and delicious. In addition, when pressing on the breast with your hand, if it is soft, it is a delicious pigeon. After buying, you use lemon juice mixed with a little salt and then rub it on the whole bird, leave it for about 5 minutes and then wash it with water.
– Next, you cut off the bird’s feet, filter out the meat on both thighs and breasts, and then chop the pigeon meat into small pieces. You can also chop the pigeon meat and bones, but if you have small children, use your hands to pick up the bones!
Step 4: Stir-fry pigeon meat
– Then, you use cooking oil to non-fragrance dried onions, then add minced bird meat and stir-fry evenly, season with a little MSG, seasoning, and sugar to taste. When frying pigeon meat, you should turn up the heat so that the pigeon does not get water.
Step 5: Done
– When the pigeon meat is cooked, you put the pigeon meat on the surface of the sticky rice and then add the fried onions. Or you can mix the bird’s meat into the sticky rice, stir well, then put the bird’s sticky rice into the steamer, steam it until it’s hot, then put the sticky rice on a plate, sprinkle fried onions on top.
So complete the attractive pigeon sticky rice. When eating, you just need to mix well to mix the meat and sticky rice, then add a little chili sauce to enjoy!
Pigeon sticky rice has a rich aroma that makes it hard for others to resist. You will feel the plasticity of glutinous rice, the fleshy taste of lotus seeds, and the rich sweetness of pigeons without getting bored. With the attractiveness and high nutritional value of this dish, don’t forget to show off your talents for the whole family to enjoy! Good luck.