With the inherent taste of sticky sticky rice, the inherent eye-catching yellow color combined with the fleshy and aromatic flavor, this sticky rice dish will be even more attractive. Sticky rice with green beans and lotus seeds sounds like a complicated dish, but sticky rice has many different cooking methods from folk to modern. But with the simplest method that the article introduces, you can confidently cook this sticky rice dish for your loved ones and family to use.
Cook sticky rice with green beans and lotus seeds in a rice cooker
Ingredients for making sticky rice with green beans and lotus seeds
- Delicious glutinous rice: 500 gr (you choose yellow flower sticky rice is the best)
- Green beans: 800 gr (you should choose green beans with the skin on to keep the aroma of the beans)
- Lotus seeds: 200 gr
- Cooking oil, salt, sugar.
- Pineapple leaves
How to cook sticky rice with green beans and lotus seeds in a rice cooker
Step 1: Soak sticky rice and sticky rice with green beans
– After buying glutinous rice, pick up the moldy seeds and wash them, you should rub the rice in water to clean the sand and then let the water soak for at least 8 hours or you can soak it overnight.
– Green beans also pick up the flat seeds, also wash and then pour water in for about 4 hours for the beans to soften.
Step 2: Steamed green beans
– When the green beans have softened, take them out to dry and then put the rice cooker with a little water to cook. You can add a little salt to flavor the green beans. When the beans are soft, open the lid of the rice cooker, stir the beans and continue to do so. Note: do not close the lid.
After about 15 minutes, take out the green beans and put them in a mortar with 3 tablespoons of white sugar, crush them to loosen up.
Step 3: How to blow sticky rice
– You take out the sticky rice to drain, use a dry towel to absorb the water or you can dry it in the sun.
– Prepare a steamer for the rice cooker and line the bottom of the pot with pandan leaves and add the glutinous rice and ½ of the crushed green beans. You season with 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 teaspoon of iodized salt and mix all the ingredients together. Then you cook until the sticky rice is soft.
– When the sticky rice is soft, open the lid of the pot and use chopsticks to stir the pot of sticky rice, then add the remaining green beans and continue steaming for about 7 minutes.
Step 4: Processing lotus seeds
– After buying lotus seeds, wash them, put them on the stove and stew until soft until the lotus seeds are soft (about 5 – 10 minutes).
Step 5: Finishing and presenting the sticky rice
– When the sticky rice is cooked, put it in a large pot or a large plate and rub it with your gloves so that the sticky rice seeds come apart, then add the lotus seeds and mix them by hand. So you have completed your very own lotus seed mung bean paste.
Notes when cooking sticky rice
If you are using dried lotus seeds, soak them in hot water for at least 1 hour before cooking. You can use lotus seed broth to cook sticky rice.
– When soaking glutinous rice, you can take 1 grain of rice and press it with your finger, if crushed rice is satisfactory.
The finished product is neither too wet nor too dry, has a beautiful yellow color, the bean paste sticks evenly, is loose, does not clump, and has a characteristic aroma that blends glutinous rice, green beans and lotus seeds.
What to serve with sticky rice?
With this sticky rice dish, you can freely change it with many different side dishes. If in the North, sticky rice is eaten with sweet and fragrant sugar tea or areca flower tea, in the South, sticky rice is enjoyed with fried rice or coconut, fried onions plus sugar and roasted white sesame.
How to preserve sticky rice is always delicious
To preserve the sticky rice for a long time, wait for the sticky rice to cool, then put it in a plastic or glass container, close the lid and put it in the refrigerator. When eating, you put the sticky rice in a cup, add a few drops of filtered water and then put it in the microwave to warm up, soft.
You see, how to cook sticky rice with green beans and lotus seeds in a rice cooker is not too complicated, right? Cet.edu.vn wishes you to cook this sticky rice successfully from the first time and don’t forget to read the article on how to cook other attractive sticky rice dishes on this section!