What is the effect of eel porridge?
Eel porridge is a typical dish of Nghe An land, not only brings an unforgettable unique taste, this dish also contains a lot of nutrients such as: Vitamins A, B1, B6, iron, sodium, potassium, calcium … Therefore, eel porridge has a lot of uses for health and is likened to a tonic to help the baby stay healthy and strong, helping pregnant mothers and those who are sick quickly recover their physical strength. Moreover, eel porridge can also cure diseases such as: malnutrition, knee fatigue, back pain, dysentery… Therefore, today, Cet.edu.vn will teach you how to cook basic eel porridge. fishy and how to choose delicious eel as well as some notes when cooking this porridge.
Cook eel porridge without fishy taste
Ingredients for cooking non-fishy eel porridge
- Field eels: 500 – 800 gr (about 2 – 3 fish)
- Glutinous rice 1 bowl (should mix glutinous rice with 1 handful of glutinous rice to make the porridge softer and more fragrant)
- Coriander: Green onion, coriander, dried onion
- Spices: Seasoning seeds, turmeric powder, fish sauce, ground pepper, salt…
How to cook non-fishy eel porridge
Step 1: Prepare the eel
- After buying the eel, you soak it in water to wash the rice for 1-2 hours to clean the dirty mud. You can then drain the eel in a rice cooker or bury it in kitchen ash to clean the slime layer. Alternatively, you can use a handful of salt or half a bowl of vinegar to clean the slime.
- Use a knife to make an incision in the abdomen of the eel and remove the internal organs and wash several times with salt water to remove the fishy smell.
- You put a pot of boiling water and put the eel in and boil until the eel is just cooked. If you want to ensure that the eel is completely eliminated from the fishy smell, you can add a slice of ginger or turmeric at this time.
- Remove the eel, let it cool a bit, then remove the meat.
Step 2: Cook broth
You take the bones and head of the eel with a little salt and boil for about 15-20 minutes to get the broth, then remove the bones and head.
Step 3: Cook porridge
- Wash the rice, drain the water, then put it in the pot of broth above with ½ teaspoon of salt and let it cook on low heat. When cooking, remember to stir constantly so that the porridge does not burn at the bottom of the pot.
- You put the pan on the stove, put in a little cooking oil, wait for the oil to boil, then add the minced garlic and fry until fragrant, then drop the eel meat and stir fry briefly with ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, a little ground pepper, seasoning and Fish sauce for eel meat is seasoned, you can turn off the stove.
- When the porridge pot is almost cooked, pour the eel meat into the porridge pot, stir well and taste the spices to suit your baby’s taste.
- Scoop out the eel porridge into a bowl, add some fried onions, scallions, cilantro, and ground pepper, let it cool down a bit to be used by the baby.
How to choose eel and the secret to cooking eel porridge without fishy
- The best eel to cook porridge is still field eel, you should choose field eel with a slightly black back, yellow belly. Compared to field eel, farmed eel meat is not as good.
- In addition, you should only use fresh eels because with dead eels they will harm the user’s digestive system.
- Do not eat eel meat with cold foods such as shrimp, crab, watermelon, etc.
- If you do not want to give your baby eel skin, you can use boiling water to sprinkle the skin and gently rub it to peel it off.
- The belly of the eel has a lot of small bones, so when processing for young children, you need to filter the bones carefully.
- When cooking for children who are eating solid foods, you can skip the stir-frying step and put the eel meat in a pot of simmered porridge.
- In addition, to increase the flavor and add nutrients to the dish, you can combine cooked eel porridge with vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, spinach, and especially green onions, vegetables. coriander, coriander…
Hopefully with the secret of how to cook eel porridge without fishy instructions that Foodvn guides, you can confidently make this dish for your baby so that the little angels have enough nutrients and conditions to grow. grow and stay healthy