Banh gio is a traditional dish associated with the childhood memories of generations of students. Also with easy-to-find ingredients such as banh beo, banh xeo, banh cuon… the ingredients for making banh gio are quite easy to find and the way to make is also very simple and doesn’t take much time. Therefore, you can make it at home to make breakfast for the whole family. If you have trouble finding banana leaves to wrap the cake, follow and follow FOOD’s best way to make banh chung right here.
Ingredients to prepare to make spring rolls
– 200g ground pork
– 4 chopped mushrooms
– 1 onion diced
– 2 tablespoons fried onions
– 10 boiled quail eggs
Part of dough
– 110g cornstarch
– 20g rice flour
– 600ml chicken bone broth
– Seasoning and sugar
How to make simple banana leaf spring rolls at home
Step 1: How to make a delicious and rich cake
– With how to make delicious cakes at home without banana leaves, you need to prepare the filling. You can buy minced meat or you can buy ground meat for convenience, then marinate the meat with 1 teaspoon of seasoning, ½ teaspoon of sugar. 1 tablespoon fish sauce and 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
– You put a pan on the stove, add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, when the oil is hot, add minced onions and sauté until fragrant, then add the marinated meat and stir-fry. Stir-fry until the meat is loose and almost cooked, season with 1 tablespoon fish sauce and 1 teaspoon pepper.
– Mushrooms are soaked in water until soft, then drained and minced. Then, you add the mushrooms and stir-fry with the ground meat for about 5 minutes, then add the fried onions and stir well, then turn off the heat.
Step 2: How to make dough (crust)
The important step in how to make spring rolls without banana leaves is to make the crust. You put rice flour, cornstarch, ½ teaspoon seasoning and water into the pot and stir with a spoon until the powder dissolves. Then put the pot on the stove, turn down the heat to low and constantly stir the flour.
– Stir the flour until you feel the dough is thick and a bit heavy, then turn off the heat. Even though you turn off the heat, you still stir until the dough is smooth and there are no lumps. You should be very careful in this operation, because if you stir it unevenly, the dough will be lumpy and the spring rolls will not be delicious.
– To substitute for banana leaves, prepare a few molds or cups. Next, when the dough is complete, you put some flour in half of the mold and then add the quail eggs and the filling in the middle. Finally, you add a little more flour to cover the filling.
Step 3: Steam the cake
– You cook the water until it boils, then put the cake mold in a steamer or steamer and put it in the steamer for about 25-30 minutes. When the cake is cooked, you put the cake on a plate, garnish with lettuce, cucumber and a little sweet and sour chili garlic fish sauce to serve. Spring rolls are best eaten while they are still hot!
So complete the simple way to make spring rolls without banana leaves at home. The finished products you get are fragrant, hot cakes that radiate a rich aroma. With this dish, you can use it as a breakfast dish or an afternoon snack for the family. Making homemade spring rolls is not only simple but also very safe and hygienic. Wish you success with this simple way to make spring rolls without banana leaves!