Hot pepper braised tilapia will be the perfect choice for the whole family. Each piece of fish is delicious and attractive, the fish meat is firm and fully absorbed by the spices, eaten with hot rice, will surely make the whole family ecstatic. How to make tilapia braised with pepper is not too difficult, you can do it at home with the detailed instructions below. Let’s go to the kitchen to show off our talents!
Ingredients for braised tilapia with pepper
- 500g fresh tilapia fish
- 2-3 purple onions
- 1 bit green onion
- Pepper, fish sauce, cooking oil, salt, sugar, monosodium glutamate
Instructions on how to make delicious spicy braised tilapia fish
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
– After buying, the tilapia fish is cleaned, dissected, and removed all the intestines, gills, fins and tail. Rinse with water, then use salt or ginger juice to rub all over the fish to reduce the fishy smell and viscosity (or you can use lemon juice, vinegar also has the same effect).
– Wash the fish one more time, cut the fish into two pieces or use a knife to cut the fish diagonally to make it easier for the fish to absorb the seasoning. Let the fish drain.
– Pickled scallions, washed with water, finely chopped. Peel onions, chop finely and divide into 2 parts.
Step 2: Marinating the fish
Put the fish in a bowl, add a little minced shallot, salt, pepper, monosodium glutamate and a little fish sauce to marinate for about 25 minutes for the spices to infuse. This is also the secret to when the fish stock will be richer and more attractive.
Step 3: Fish storage stage
– Put the pot on the stove, add a little cooking oil to heat and then add the minced onion and saute. Add 2 cups of boiling water to a bit of fish sauce, ground pepper and bring to a boil, then add the marinated fish to the pot.
Continue to boil, making sure that the braised fish fills the surface of the fish with water. When the pot of braised fish comes to a boil again, lower the heat, simmer until the stock has dried up. Season to taste, then wait for the broth to thicken, the fish is soft, then turn off the heat. You can add more chili according to your taste.
Step 4: Finish and enjoy
Pick up the fish on a plate, sprinkle some pepper, finely chopped green onions on top. Garnish the dish more attractive and enjoy with hot rice.
Finished Product Requirements
The tilapia fish, when cooked, will have a soft meat, evenly absorbed by the seasoning. Whole fish, not broken. The spiced fish meat has a beautiful brown color, the broth is thick and fragrant.
Things to keep in mind when making braised tilapia with pepper at home
– To have a delicious braised fish dish, you need to know how to choose fresh fish, sparkling scales, clear fish eyes, bright red gills. Fresh fish, firm meat.
When marinating fish, add a few drops of lemon to help the fish lose its fishy smell.
– If the bile breaks, use alcohol to rub the broken bile, leave it for a while and then rinse with cold water, the bitterness will disappear.
If you have time, you should marinate the fish 2 hours in advance or fry the fish lightly so that when the fish is stocked, the meat will be firm and not crushed. You can soak the fish in water mixed with vinegar to make the braised fish softer and more delicious.
The secret to storing fish is not fishy
– When storing fish, you should put the stock pot on high heat until it is really boiling, then lower the heat to low and let the water dry. Note that the fish stock must be boiled so that the fish does not have a fishy smell.
– If you want to save time in stocking and the fish is still delicious, add beer to remove the fishy smell, beer also helps braised fish more attractive.
– Should add a little chicken fat or pork fat in the pot to make the fish fatter and more delicious.
– You can add a little coconut milk to the stock pot to make the fish more flavorful and fragrant.
– When stocking, you should not stir or mix the fish many times, do not let the fish stock boil strongly, the fish will be easily crushed.
So we just finished the recipe for super delicious braised tilapia to treat the whole family. Hopefully with this detailed guide you will successfully make a delicious rice-sucking dish at the weekend. In addition to how to make tilapia braised with pepper, you can make variations with how to make tilapia braised with tomatoes or how to make fried tilapia to change the taste. Good luck!