Noodle soup originated in Moc village (now Thanh Xuan district in Hanoi) but today it has spread across all regions with slightly different cooking methods in each place. Regardless of the cooking method, the vermicelli with sweet bone broth with sprouted balls (pork springs) brings a gentle but attractive flavor to the user. In addition, vermicelli is also a dish that you enjoy at any meal of the day.
How to cook vermicelli in preparation for the South
- Pork loin (or young ribs): 400 gr (you choose fresh ribs, meat has elasticity)
- Tubular bone: 300 gr
- Fresh vermicelli (microfiber): 700 gr
- Sausage: 200 gr
- Raw spring rolls: 200 gr
- Wood ear: 4 pieces
- Green onion, coriander, red onion, minced garlic
- Raw vegetables: perilla, basil, lettuce
- Seasoning: Salt, seasoning, fish sauce, pepper
Steps to cook vermicelli
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– With the bone part, you wash it thoroughly and then briefly boil it in a pot of boiling water. Then, put in a new pot of water with 2 teaspoons of salt + 2 teaspoons of seasoning seeds + 1 teaspoon of fish sauce and let it simmer on medium heat. Note: when stewing bones, remember to remove the foam so that the broth is clear.
You can wash the tenderloin with salt water to completely eliminate the smell of meat. Then rinse with cold water and cut into bite-sized pieces, season with a little ground pepper + 1 tablespoon seasoning and 1/3 tablespoon fish sauce. Let the ribs rest for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
– Wood ear, you wash and then soak in water to soften and then chop.
– You cut the sausage into bite-sized pieces.
– Fresh vermicelli you lightly boil in boiling water and then drain.
– The raw vegetables you pick and wash, dry.
Step 2: Prepare raw ham
– If you buy raw spring rolls that have not been seasoned with glutinous rice, you can season with some spices, green onions, and ground pepper, mix well, then add the ear mushrooms on top and mix well.
Or you can use pork and then put it in a blender, season it with spices. Then, roll the mixture of raw ham and wood ear into small balls.
Step 3: How to cook vermicelli broth
– Put the pan on the stove, add a little cooking oil, wait until the oil is hot, then add the minced onion and garlic and fry until fragrant, then add the loin ribs and stir-fry until the meat has just hunted, then turn off the heat.
– When the pot of bone broth has just come to a boil, put the sautéed ribs into the pot, continue to boil until boiling again, then drop the sprouts into the pot and season to taste. You continue to let the pot of water cook for about 10 minutes, then it will be cooked.
Step 4: Finish the dish
– You scoop the vermicelli into the bowl and scoop the tenderloin ribs, sprinkle some green onions and coriander, arrange a few pieces of pork roll. Finally, pour the broth all over to complete the noodle dish.
– Vermicelli is served with raw vegetables, lemon, chili and some people even like to use it with shrimp paste.
Notes when cooking vermicelli
– If you want to eat sprouts with a certain toughness, you can eat wherever you want to grow there.
– In addition to spring rolls, you can add cinnamon rolls and fried rolls a little each, your bowl of vermicelli will be even more attractive.
Hopefully, with the way to cook vermicelli with the standard flavor of the Southern people that we guide, you can cook this noodle dish for the whole family in the coming occasions. Bun thang is one of the dishes showing the unique features of Hanoi’s culinary culture.