Instructions on how to make sticky rice with a rice cooker
Step 1: Preliminary processing
– Sticky rice is washed and soaked in water for about 15-20 minutes and then drained.
Use a spoon to gently scrape the gac fruit out of the peel. Then, gently rub the glutinous rice, salt and Gac fruit together with your hands so that the gac meat comes out and adheres evenly to the glutinous rice seeds. If you have time, you can soak Gac fruit in white wine to make the red color of Gac darker and the sticky rice to have a special taste.
– After gac sticks to the glutinous rice seeds, leave it for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Cook sticky rice
– Next, put the glutinous rice and gac seeds into the rice cooker, add water and coconut water to just cover the sticky rice. For sticky rice, you should not add a lot of water to avoid sticky rice and seeds.
– Now, you switch the button to Cook mode and wait until the pot automatically switches to Warm mode, then open the lid of the rice cooker. Use chopsticks to gently stir the sticky rice to make the sticky rice more loose. After that, you close the lid and wait for about 10 more minutes to enjoy the sticky rice.
– To make sticky rice more beautiful, you press the sticky rice in the mold and add some sesame seeds on top.
Now, we continue to how to cook Gac sticky rice in the microwave.
Ingredients for cooking Gac sticky rice in the microwave
– gac fruit
– 200g sticky rice
– 2 tablespoons white wine
– 100ml coconut milk
– 100ml of water
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 – 3 tablespoons of sugar
– Microwave bowl or bowl
– Food wrap
How to make Gac sticky rice in the microwave
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
– Take ½ of the grated Gac meat, mix with 2 tablespoons of white wine, mix and blend until the Gac meat melts.
– Soak glutinous rice at least 8 hours before cooking. Then, pour the sticky rice into the drain rack under cold water, drain.
– Put glutinous rice in a bowl, add salt, gac, water and coconut milk and mix well.
Step 2: Processing
– Put glutinous rice in a bowl, add salt, gac, water and coconut milk and mix well. Then cover with cling film, put in the microwave and turn on the High setting for 5 minutes.
– Take out the sticky rice, stir well, continue to wrap the food and put it in the microwave, turn on the High mode again and spin for another 5 minutes.
– Next, take out the sticky rice to stir then fold the Gac seeds out and mix the sugar into the sticky rice seeds.
Step 3: Done
– Finally, you put the sticky rice on a plate to let it cool, the sticky rice will dry out and you can enjoy it.
Note: If when you take it out of the oven, you still see sticky rice with water, then cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Thus, with both ways of cooking these sticky rice gac , you will have an extremely attractive and delicious plate of sticky rice like using a pot or a steamer. Above all, very simple, save time. The microwave method is suitable for small families, cooking time is only about 10 minutes. It’s interesting, isn’t it? Make sure you save this recipe to apply immediately for this weekend’s meal of the whole family. Good luck!