Instructions on how to cook crab hot pot in the West
Ingredients to be prepared
- 700g field crabs
- 500g beef corn
- 500g tubular bone
- 5-6 green crocodiles
- 4 tofu covers
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 10 dried onions
- 2 pieces of ginger
- Vegetables for dipping hot pot: Lettuce or lettuce, marjoram, banana flower, perilla or depending on your preference.
- Cooking oil, seasoning
How to cook Crab hot pot in the West
Step 1: Prepare hot pot broth
– Place the grill on the gas stove, keep the heat on medium, roast a small ginger branch and 3-4 dried onions to enhance the flavor. After baking, use a knife to peel the skin and wash it. Crush the ginger and onions and set aside.
– Buy bone marrow, wash, blanch the bones in boiled water, remove the bones and wash them with clean water. Next, put the crushed ginger and dried onion bones in the pot, season with 2-3 tablespoons of salt, seasoning seeds with about 1-1.5 liters of water.
– If you use a pressure cooker, simmer for about 25-30 minutes. If using with a normal gas stove, pay attention not to have a high fire because the broth will not be clear.
Step 2: How to prepare crabs
– When purchased, pour into a small pot, mix well with granulated salt to clean and then wash the crab several times with water. Next, you separate the crab shell, remove the bricks from the crab into a small bowl. The rest of the crab meat is pounded in a mortar.
– Mix freshly ground crab in about 1 – 1.5 liters of clean water. Next, you use a small sieve to filter the crab juice and discard the residue.
Step 3: Fry the tofu
– Wash, cut beans into small pieces and then drain.
– Heat oil in a pan and fry the tofu. Pay attention to fry evenly with high heat so that the beans are evenly golden and crispy.
Step 4: Marinate the beef
– Peel the ginger, wash it, can smash or cut the lead as you like.
Marinate beef with 1 tablespoon of seasoning and mix well, leave for about 20 minutes before eating because the meat will darken for a long time.
Step 5: Prepare vegetables to dip in hot pot
– Lettuce and some other vegetables, when you buy them, you pick up the roots, wash them, and dry them.
– Wash tomatoes, add in the shape of areca, pay attention not to cut tomatoes too thin. Green crocodile is washed and peeled. Onions are crushed or thinly sliced, depending on preference.
Step 6: Finish and Enjoy
– Next, you put the prepared hot pot on the gas stove, pour the simmered bone broth about 1/2 full of the pot. Continue to pour the bowl of filtered ground crab juice into the pot. Add tomatoes, crocodile and vinegar, seasoning to taste, pay attention to simmer to avoid broken crab bricks.
While waiting for the hot pot to boil, fry the dried onions in a hot pan. Wait for the dried onions to smell good, then quickly turn off the heat and pour in the bowl of crab bricks, gently stirring with chopsticks. Pour the non-fragrant crab bricks into the pot of freshly boiling broth, you can take the bricks out in a separate bowl, when you eat, drop them back inside.
How to cook Southern field crab hot pot
In addition to how to cook crab hotpot in the West, you can refer to another way to cook crab hotpot in the South in the style of seafood hotpot as follows:
Ingredients to prepare to cook Southern crab hotpot
- 1 kg of pre-ground crab
- 200g of strabismus fish
- 200g fresh black tiger shrimp
- 200g cuttlefish
- 300g clams
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 kg of vermicelli noodles served with
- Purple onion, spinach
- Spices: chili pepper, salt, seasoning powder, sugar, fish sauce, pepper
Instructions on how to cook seafood crab hotpot
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
Mix ground crab with a small pinch of salt. Then put the ground crab in a bowl with a little warm water. Filter the crab through a sieve, squeeze the crab carcass thoroughly to get all the juice. Repeat this operation about 3 times to get the juice.
Wash tomatoes, then trim the areca pods
Peel and mince garlic.
Place scad fish in a bowl with ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of seasoning powder and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Use a spoon to spread evenly so that the waterfalls are smooth and seasoned.
Shrimp remove beard, wash.
Clean squid, cut a few lines on the squid body, cut into bite-sized squares.
Clams are washed, then soaked with water to wash rice and cut a few slices of chili to release sand.
Spinach, wash and dry.
Step 2: Prepare hot pot broth
– Heat a deep pan with a small spoon of cooking oil, add minced shallots and garlic and sauté until fragrant, then add the tomatoes and sauté until the tomatoes turn a beautiful red color, then turn off the heat.
– Pour crab juice into a small pot, bring to a boil. Add a little salt, seasoning powder and fish sauce to the pot. Wait for the water in the pot to start boiling and the crab bricks rise, pour the sautéed tomatoes into the hot pot. Continue to cook for about 20 more minutes. Season the hot pot again to taste and then turn off the heat.
Step 3: Enjoy
– Put the hot pot on the mini gas stove, heat it with low heat and enjoy. When eating, put the prepared seafood into the hot pot with spinach. Seafood crab hotpot served with attractive fresh vermicelli.
Crab hotpot has natural sweetness from field crabs and fresh seafood, rich and flavorful broth will surely bring an impressive taste feast for anyone to enjoy. Hopefully, with the way to cook crab hotpot in the West and the South, you have “pocketed” a few more delicious recipes to your family’s daily menu. Good luck and have fun!